A multi-dimensional creative professional with experience across a wide range of media, including digital, social, print, broadcast, and experiential, working closely with Creative Directors and account teams on national and regional accounts, such as McDonalds, Kroger and Cymbalta. Adept at understanding and interpreting the strategic intent of projects, and then lead the thinking around the concept and ideation as projects move from theory to execution.
Extensive, proven experience in marketing and creative strategy. Broad set of creative and business talents:
- Hands‐on creative work in retail, healthcare, B2B and shopper marketing
- Solid writing skills and understanding of crafting copy and content for long-form and promotional pieces, as well as social platforms
- Deep knowledge of social media and digital culture from theory to real, personal experiences and a firm understanding of influencer programs and the value of co-branded content
- Understanding of what works on social media and how to adapt marketing, PR and other messaging for social audiences
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, collaborative, yet able to work independently in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Passionate about quickly-evolving digital environments
- Able to interface with senior internal and external clients
- Proactive, value-add approach to client deliverables and social strategies
- Highly creative, imaginative and curious about clients’ products and/or services
- 12 years experience in broadcast journalism and production
2011 – Present
Junior League of Columbus
8/2010 – Present
- Member, Mentor, Marketing & Operations Chair, Kelton House Council Vice Chair
Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland
8/2010 – Present
- Troop Leader, Council Trainer, Service Unit Manager
2008 – Present
Bachelor of Arts, Speech Communication/Broadcasting
Minor, Public Relations
Columbus College of Art & Design
7/2015 – Present
Organize and implement an instructional program utilizing different teaching methods for students with varying degrees of expertise in educational backgrounds. Provide a positive and honest environment for students during class hours. Examine and give students a feedback about their academic activity, offering support and counseling them concerning their educational development and career choices.
1/2009 – Present
Consultant/Senior Copywriter/Digital Content Specialist
Partner on strategy, design, and creation of copy for innovative micro‐sites, websites, email campaigns, experiential marketing, shopper marketing, press releases and print and online advertising campaigns that are representative of the client’s goals and within brand guidelines. Writing long- and short-form copy for B2B and promotional clients, including one of the largest healthcare agencies in the U.S. Generate digital strategy and provide creative direction to support brand launches, in addition to managing public relations, social media and content strategy.
- Consulting work for: Abbott Nutrition, Attache, Baesman Group, ELEVATE thinking, Fahlgren Mortine, GSW Worldwide, inServ Communications, MindsOn, Navicor Group, Ohio Housing Finance Agency, Oxiem, SBC Advertising, SOS Media Group and Stonefly Communications Group.
- Brands: Abbott Nutrition Health Institute, Adena Health System, American Red Cross, Biogen Idec, Columbus Region, Crav On, Cymbalta, Dayton Power & Light, Dearfoams, Eli Lilly, Emerson, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Ensure, Gatlinburg Travel & Tourism, Genentech, Glucerna, iCoffee, InsuranceSpark, Kroger, McDonald’s, McGraw-Hill Education, Monarch Health, Nutrition Ally, Prescription Hope, OhioHealth, PediaSure, PenPal Kids Club, Tarceva, Tridien Medical and Vital.
7/2012 – 3/2013
Social Media Manager
Developed and implemented social media strategy, managed presence on social networks, posted on relevant blogs and built an active brand ambassador network. Grew social media fan base by over 200%. Provided creative direction for consultants, spearheaded crisis communications and managed community outreach efforts and promotions.
SOS Video Communications
2/2008 – 12/2008
Generated copy for national, regional and local clients. Provided project management, basic account services and creative leadership on key projects and contributed to company re-branding and business development.
- Brands: ALDI, Alliance Data, American Signature, BIG Research, RockBridge Capital
American Signature, Inc.
11/2006 – 2/2008
Ensured accuracy and brand standards in all advertising and established cross-functional partnerships within organization and with key vendors. Maintained communication with stores and vendors to ensure smooth execution of sales events.
Clear Channel Communications
2/1997 – 8/2004
Morning Show Co-Host, Producer, News Anchor, Reporter
Planned, researched, executed and publicized contests, stunts, promotions and discussion topics daily for top-rated radio morning show. Scheduled all show guests. Performed anchor and reporting duties in award-winning newsroom.